In order to install the Windows 7 Professional operating system, you need a product key.
If youâ€™ve lost your key or have a pirated version of Windows 7, you can find FREE genuine serial keys in this post.
Weâ€™ll also help you activate your OS using these new 100% working keys.
How do you get a Windows 7 Pro product key?
Microsoft relies on a Windows 7 Professional product key to verify your copy of the operating system. You need this key to install and activate Windows 7 Pro.
To get a Windows 7 key, you have two options:
- Buy the original product and youâ€™ll get a Windows 7 Professional 2018 product key with it
- Copy a Windows 7 Pro product key from the Windows 7 Professional product key list in this post
The first method will cost you money. The second one is totally free, and it works like a charm.
Why do keys found on the Internet rarely work?
Some of you might have tried to use a free key from the Internet but found that it failed to activate Windows. Why didnâ€™t it work?
The problem is that many websites donâ€™t update their databases. As a result, their keys have already been used. You wonâ€™t be able to activate your copy of Windows using a Windows 7 Pro product key from those lists.
The good news is that we have an updated Windows 7 Professional product key list for you. Whenever you come back here, youâ€™ll find new and updated serial numbers.
How does a Windows 7 Pro product key work?
When you want to install Windows, it will ask you for a 25-digit code. Without providing this code, Microsoft wonâ€™t activate your product.
To use a Windows 7 Professional product key, you simply need to provide it during the installation process. Sometimes you may have to enter the key while using the Windows activation wizard.
Here are your options to activate Windows using a Windows 7 Pro product key:
- Activate using the Internet
- Activate using the phone
You get to choose an option on the activation screen. If you don’t have access to the Internet, simply choose phone verification to activate your product.
You can easily install Windows using a different key and then change the key later to activate the product. Similarly, you can change your Windows key anytime you want.
It’s important to note that Microsoft doesn’t keep a record of issued keys. For that reason, you should always keep your key safe when you buy an original product.
Finding your Windows 7 product key
If you bought Windows 7, there are several ways to find your Windows 7 Professional product key:
- Look inside your DVD/CD box
- Ask your retailer (if you bought a PC with Windows pre-installed)
- Check your email
Microsoft wants you to keep your key safe. But if youâ€™ve lost it, donâ€™t worry. Weâ€™re here to help. Find our list of free keys below.
Windows 7 Professional Product Key – 32-bit
Windows 7 Professional Product Key – 64-bit
These Windows 7 keys should work. However, some may have stopped working due to being used by other people.
As promised, weâ€™ve updated this Windows 7 Professional product key list. Now you can find Windows 7 Professional product keys for 2018 below.
[UPDATED] Windows 7 Professional Key 2018
Hereâ€™s the updated list of keys. These are 100% new and genuine. Go ahead and give them a try.
Windows 7 is an incredible operating system. I hope these product keys will help you activate it and use all its features. But you can also activate your copy of Windows without having to use a key at all. The method is explained below.
How to activate Windows 7 without a serial key
Getting a Windows 7 Pro product key is easy. Weâ€™ve provided many in this post. However, itâ€™s not the only way of activating your operating system.
It’s also possible to activate your copy of Windows 7 Pro 64-bit/32-bit without a key. To do that, just tap into your inner geek.
The good news is that weâ€™ve made a complex process really simple for you. Just follow the clear steps below.
1. Locate and delete a system file
The first step is to locate the SLUI file and delete it. Here are the steps:
- Open the folder where you installed Windows (C:/Windows)
- Locate and open the System 32 folder inside the Windows folder
- Now use the search function located at the top right of your file browser
- Search for â€˜SLUIâ€™
- The search function will highlight the file for you
- Select the file and delete it
This is an important file when you want to activate Windows without using a Windows 7 Pro product key. Deleting this file deletes any previous activation key record.
Unfortunately, some users might not be able to delete this file. They may have to become the â€˜ownerâ€™ of the file.
Sound complex? Again, weâ€™ve made it simple for you with the easy steps below.
How do you delete the SLUI file?
When you canâ€™t delete the SLUI file, follow the easy steps below.
- Right-click on the SLUI file in your file manager
- Select Properties and wait for a new window to appear
- Now select the Security tab from the top and click on the Advanced button to open up more options
- In the new window that appears, click on the Owner tab
- Now select the option to choose the current user as the file owner
- Click Apply and close all windows
- Open the file manager and go to C:/Windows > System32 folder
- Right-click on the SLUI file and select Properties
- Follow the same steps you did earlier in step 2 and 3 and go to the Security tab
- Now select Users and choose the Edit option
- Now you have the option to edit the user permissions
- Go ahead and grant â€˜full controlâ€™ to the current user
- Now close these windows and go back to the SLUI file
Go ahead and delete the file. Now you are on your way to activating Windows without a Windows 7 Pro product key. To continue, follow the next step.
2. Activate your copy of Windows (without a Windows 7 Professional product key)
Now itâ€™s time to activate your operating system. Remember, you wonâ€™t need a Windows 7 Professional product key for this method.
In this step, youâ€™re going to open CMD and enter some commands. Not feeling confident? Donâ€™t worry. Itâ€™s easy with the following simple steps.
- Click on the Start button in Windows
- Open the Run app
- A dialogue box will appear where you can enter text
- Enter â€˜CMDâ€™ and hit Enter
- A new window will appear where you can enter commands (CMD)
- Enter â€˜slmgr â€“rearmâ€™ in CMD (command prompt) and hit Enter
- Wait a minute and then restart your PC
- Now follow the steps from 1-5 to open CMD and type â€˜slmgr â€“atoâ€™
- Now press the Enter key and read the message on your screen
It should say â€˜You have successfully activated Windows 7.â€™ You did it without using a Windows 7 Pro product key.