The microscopy facility was the first technology platform established in the IBMP in 1998. It’s scientific programme aims at understanding the expression of plant or animal genes over space and time at various levels. Microorganisms or biomaterials studied by partner research units are other topics of interest. Our facility follows official guidelines for « Plates-Formes Technologiques du Vivant » and has received RIO 2001, 2004 and 2006 labels. It’s part of the larger Strasbourg Esplanade Cell Imaging Facility that allows sharing devices and knowledge from 7 research units from CNRS, INSERM, UNISTRA and INRA.
- Assist research from IBMP and partner research units
- Develop and implement new imaging technologies
- Give appropriate one-to-one or group training to research staff
- Get involved in microscopy education and science popularization
- Make sure our devices are up and running